2013 Christmas Parade
Please click here for Parade line-up information!
Saturday, December 14
HWY. 25 between Old Airport Road and Town Hall
Interested in participating in the 2013 Fletcher Christmas Parade?
Please click here for an application.
Application Deadline: Monday, December 2, 2013
The theme for the 2013 Christmas Parade is “A Salute to Our Armed Forces.” The Town of Fletcher is inviting all Fletcher veterans to be honored as Parade Grand Marshals for the 2013 Parade. If you or a family member are a veteran and interested in riding on our “Salute to Our Armed Forces” float please contact Nicole Sweat at 828.687.0751 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Town of Fletcher’s Annual Christmas Parade travels down HWY 25 between Old Airport Rd. and Fletcher Town Hall. Parade route is approximately 1.5 miles.
Antique Car Parade
Beginning at 10:15 a.m. antique cars will be invited to cruise down HWY 25 to help kick of the Annual Christmas Parade. Interested drivers must still complete a parade application.
Beginning at 9 a.m. Old Airport Rd. will be closed. Only parade vehicles and vehicles with “drop off” passes will be allowed. Old Airport will remain closed until the last parade entry turns onto the parade route. HWY 25 will close beginning at 10 a.m. and remain closed until all entries have finished the parade. Drop off passes will be available beginning Monday, December 9th at Fletcher Town Hall.
Rules and Guidelines
1. Entry forms and payment (if applicable) must be post marked no later then Monday, December 2.
2. All trailers/floats must be in position no later than 9:15 a.m. All other entries must be in position no later than 9:45 a.m.
3. Group leaders are responsible for informing group participants of parade information and rules.
4. The Town of Fletcher reserves the sole right to use the character of Santa Claus for the parade finale. Other Santa entries will not be permitted.
5. Throwing candy or other items from vehicles, floats, horses, etc. is not permitted. Candy or other items may be distributed by walkers.
6. The driver of any vehicle must be at least 18 years of age. All drivers must possess a drivers license and hold valid insurance.
7. All parade participants are expected to perform courteously, in good taste and with safety in mind at all times.
8. Music is strongly encouraged.
9. Units will stand no higher than 13 ft. tall and 12 ft. wide.
10. All parade entries must move forward continuously.
11. Parade Marshals can and will remove person(s) or unit(s) who violate parade rules.
Thank you to Sunshine Chevrolet of Fletcher! This FREE community event would not be possible without your support!
For more information about this event please contact the Parks and Recreation Department at 828.687.0751.